Wednesday, December 28, 2011

June 26 1864

Fort Delaware June 26th 1864

Sunday Morning,

Dear Sarah,

You will form the above see that I am again at my former prison, after an absence of eleven months I trust on this you have received my last mailed 23rd, the day we left Point Lookout. I wrote telling you not to write untill you heard from me again. I had not received a letter from you while on the Point for some time the last received was on the 13th dated 10th the one written after sending me the money from Gus and could not imagine why it was I did not get one. I was sorry we had to leave the Point as suddenly as I was expecting some little articles from Mary G. such as hat, socks, & tobacco but such has been my luck. She wrote me that they would come by last weeks boat so I suppose they are gone. I am quite well at this time and thrust my dear ones are enjoying the same blessing. Tell any one of my friends writing to me where I am so their letters may come straight to me. My love to all home and to all relatives and friends. Kiss my dear little ones for me write soon from your affectionate husband

Henry.

I arrived here yesterday

Direct to Cpt Henry A Allen

9th Va Infantry Prisoner of War

Fort Delaware, Delaware Prison No 36

No comments:

Post a Comment