Monday, December 13, 2010

April 10th 1864

Officers Camp Point Lookout Maryland
April 10th 1864
Dear Dear Sallie
Yours bearing the date 3d acknoledging receipt of mine Mch 29th came to hand yesterday. I was again pained to learn that the hand of death had visited Mollie’s family they have indeed been sorely afflicted Mother and Brother taken form them in so short a time. and you think your Ma will have to leave as everything is so very high what then will my dear Wife and little ones do can you go with her to your Pa. Would you all were with him now. it may be that I will see you before a great while not that I expect to be exchanged that does not give me much trouble but this morning or rather yesterday I wrote to Genl. Butler asking for a parole of (20) days to visit my family whom I had not seen for two (2) years stating that they were in his Dept. and giving the names of Dr L.A. Bilisely, John C. Maville, & Captain Sam Watts as vouchers for me if he required it as they had taken the oath of allegiance to the Fedl Government. he may grant it but I cannot loose anything by trying. I trust Emma will not act as others have. Capt Cocker I left in the Island. I wrote to Gus informing him of what I had done relative to the above parole. give my love to all home to Shell, Louisa, and to the Owens family all, also to Ma, Aunt Mary Puss Owens and Mary Dodd, kiss the little ones for me yours with much love Henry
do not think of sending me more money I know you need it do as I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment