Monday, December 13, 2010

April 15th 1864

Officers Camp Point Lookout Md
April 15th 1864

Dear Dear Sallie,
Yours of the 12th I received yesterday in which you state that mine of the 2d has been received. almost every letter conveys to me the intelligence of the death of some of our Portsmouth folks. it pains me much to hear of so much sickness there. I am truly sorry to know the small pox is so close to you. did Aunt Mary get my last letter written when I wrote to Mary Dodd. give my love to her. Aunt Lou & Mary Ann also to Aunt Hager. I answered yours of the 3d in which I stated that I had made application for twenty (20) days parole to visit home which I trust you have gotten ere this. no news with us exchange seems to be at a stand still. it seems strange that Mr Dongan has not received either of my letters having written to him. give my regards to him & family. tell Mary I found out a Mrs Cordelia Allen at this place and wrote to her several days ago but have not received as answer. I would be pleased to pay you all a visit but I am fearful I shall be disappointed. I am expecting to hear from Genl Butler daily. give my love to all home to Ma, Mollie, and the Owens family also to Louisa. I trust those ladies will succeed in getting the remains of their Sons kiss my little girls for me yours in love
Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment