Monday, December 6, 2010

February 23 1864

Point Lookout Md.
Feb 23d 1864
Dear Sallie
Yours of the 19th I have just received. I have been waiting very patiently for an answer to my letter and I assure you it was a source of much pleasure to me to get a letter from you. although I was much disappointed when I heard that the box had gone to the Island for me. when I left that place I told Whitehead what to do if letters or a box should come there for me. I think the box was in Sandusky when we passed through that place as their was a quantity of Express baggage their that could not be sent to the Island on account of the ice not being strong enough to bear travel. I reckon it will be sent to me, give my best love to Mary and tell her I am deeply indebted to her and I trust God may bless her for her kindness. ask Aunt Mary if she received my last, tell Mollie to write me, give my love to all my dear friends & relatives, my love to your Ma & all home. kiss my little ones, does Ida grow fast. has Laura H. gone to Dixie remember me to her and her Mother. Love to you and your Ma, manage to get along – Good Bye from your Affectionate Husband
Henry A Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment