Monday, December 6, 2010

March 8th 1864

Point Lookout, Md Mch 8th 64
Dear Sarah,
I have just received your kind letter bearing date of the 5th and now must answer it in haste so as to get it in the next mail. I am well with the exception of a slight cold, and I trust this will find you and my dear children well also. I was very sorry to hear of the imprisonment of Mr. Bain & Uncle Joe. Mr. Bain had been spoken of through the papers tell May I have tried to find out her relative at this place but could not succed. I have received another letter from A.C.H. sending me one (1) dollar saying he would have sent more but he heard that it was all allowed at one time. I have answered his letter. tell Mary not to trouble herself farther about the box as I have written for it and I think it will come, and Mary thinks he is quite close. well I shall not trouble him again. I have not seen any of my boys but hear from them through letters regularly. They are all well. I got a letter form Bob Daughtry yesterday, give my love to your Ma, and all the children home, also to Aunt Mary, Ma, Mary D, Tho Owen’s family and to all friends & relatives. my respect to Bowers if you should see him I must now close kiss the dear little ones for me Good Bye from your affectionate Husband
Henry Ward II
Mr Grant is here and I have sent the money to him e is well

No comments:

Post a Comment