Monday, December 20, 2010

June 3rd 1864

Officers Camp Point Lookout MD

June 3d 1864

Dear Sarah, I have at last received the pictures they came yesterday post marked 31st I was not expecting them so soon. it was indeed a pleasure to look upon the faces of the dear loved ones not seen for so long a time. I think you said in your last, that Lucy’s was good but yours and Ida’s was taken badly and you would have them taken over. I think Lucy’s taken with the white dress is the best although Ida’s is very good also but yours is the best I think on the other plate did you notice Lucy’s hand and arm on that plate there is a deformity about it caused by her moving it before the impression was taken. Ida’s I think shows to a little better advantage with the dark dress she has not altered any I do not think. the same features do I recognize but something larger although I have not seen her for over two years. I must say Dear Sallie, I was surprised to see you looking so well I must say Mr. Hobday has not flattered you a bit, although I am very well satisfied and delighted to have it good or bad. I look at both and do not know which is the best if the hand was good Lucy’s I mean. I would much prefer all three on that plate. I wish you had kept one of the plates and then I could devote my time looking at one aloe I think you will soon be as large as Miss Maville. I answered your last of 28th you spoke of sending me money do not do it, the box has not come yet it may come in tomorrow. kiss Ida & Lucy and tell them Pa has seen their sweet faces once more. my love to all, from your affectionate Harrie

No comments:

Post a Comment