Sunday, December 12, 2010

March 25th 1864

Officers Camp Pt Lookout
Md. Mch 25th 64
Dear Sarah
Yours bearing date 20th has come to hand, we are now in camp we moved last Tuesday evening and had a heavy snow storm that night which was not very comfortable. it is now raining and will end with quite a storm I think. the change was not very agreable having been in houses so long I heard form one of my men the other day that Jim Campbell had married Mrs Henry White is it the druggist you did not mention it in your letter. also that Joe Moore & Lizzie Hadgins, & Major Stewart & Carrie Peters were married. I do not wish you or Mary to trouble yourselves about the box again and si not send anything else without I write for it. three parties have left here from City Point. I have not heard from the last it is doubtful about us being sent away yet a while. I am glad to learn that Lucy is well. I received yours of the 4th with $1,50 enclosed also six stamps it was long coming. I am sorry to hear of the sickness of those mentioned remember me to them, and to all at home kiss my little girls my love to all relations who enquire of me. good night dear Sallie, from your Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment