Monday, December 20, 2010

June 1st 1864

Officers Camp Point Lookout MD.

June 1st 1864

Dear Sarah,

Yesterday I received two letters from you one dated the 21st with two -2- dollars enclosed from Mrs Anne Dougan and the other dated 28th which was in answer to my last of the 22d. at the same time I received one from Mary enclosing two -2- dollars also which I have answered. you must imagine Dear Sarah the pleasure it gives me to hear from you all and to know you are all enjoying the blessing of health. I am well at present but was quite unwell for two or three days last week being taken with rush of blood to the head and fell, but recovered as soon as I was taken up. but as I before stated I am quite well now. you must return my kind thanks to Miss Ann for her kindness to you since I have been away also for what she sent me. the box I have not yet received but it is probable I will this week. I will write to the Captain Mr Bowers mentioned although I do not believe he sent the money, one of his name is here and I have seen him but not to speak to him. Gus and Joe I have not heard from for a long time. if when this reaches you you have not sent the pictures and you intend or have them ready to send you had better send them through the Post office if they are Photographs you can send them in letter if in a case, seal them and direct them several have come in that way. I am glad they are not sent in box. Dear Sallie you say in both your letters if you had the means you would not stay there. what is your reason for saying so I wish you to tell me in your next I judge something has transpired at home that causes you to speak thus. I shall certainly do as you desire when I see your Pa whether he wishes me to do so or not. I here enclose to gutta percha rings if they do not fit the children give them to Miss Ann’s children. as soon as I can get some needles I will have a necklace made for Ida & Lucy each. we have beautiful one made here George Smith has been kind when you see him give him my kindest regards I wrote to him the other day. I have not heard from Brother since, my love to all home also to all relatives & friends kiss my little girls trusting soon to hear from you I remain your Affectionate Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment