Friday, December 3, 2010

February 14th 1864

Point Lookout Md.
Feb 14th 1864
Dear Sarah
You will no doubt as this reaches you have heard of the removal of some officers from Johnsons Island to this place, you will see from the above that I am one of that number. we arrived at this place last night after a very tedious travel being on the road nearly four days without sleep the cars being too much crowded. we are now in good quarters better than those we left. we are at present occupying buildings formally used for Hospital purposes. I was expecting a letter from you the day we left the Island but we had to leave before the mail was opened but I suppose our letters will be sent to us at this place. I have not seen any of my boys yet as we are quartered some distance from them but will see them if I possibly can they are all well. I received a letter from Bowers a few days before leaving the Island and answered it if he has not written again you can tell him where I am. Tell Mollie Owens she must not get married as Ann Eskridge did but wait awhile longer. give my love to all home and to all who may enquire about me write soon from your Affectionate Husband
Henry A. Allen
Kiss my little ones for me

No comments:

Post a Comment