Monday, November 22, 2010

August 11th 1863

Johnsons Island

Near Sandusky Ohio

August 11th 1863

Dear Sarah,

Your letter has been received I at the same time received one from George Bains stating that he had sent me money which I had gotten, a check for before his letter came to hand, it was a check for one hundred $100 dollars one half to me and the other to a young friend of his who is a prisinor here from Alabama, I of course returned my thanks to him for his kindness, I made the acquaintance of his friend and paid him the money. I received a letter from Mrs. Weaver for her Son, your letter was received I think on the 4th. I had written to you before I received yours and requested George Bain, to inform you of the fact. I wrote a few lines to Mrs. Russ yesterday giving the particulars of Col Owen’s death. you will let her know that I have done so. I am well and have no cause to complain cannot say when we will be exchanged. write as often as you can my love to all my friends kiss my little girls tell Ida, Pa would like to see his child good bye Dear Sarah, from your affectionate Husband

Capt Henry A. Allen

My thanks to Bowers for Mony received

No comments:

Post a Comment