Friday, November 26, 2010

Septmeber 23 1863

Johnsons Island Sandusky Ohio

Sept 23d 1863

Dear Sallie,

Yours of the 16th I received this morning and was much delighted on receiving it as I was not looking for it so soon I could not think eleven days had rolled around since I wrote you, how are my dear little girls how I would like to see their sweet faces, and your Ma has not gone to Richmond yet but is waiting to hear from Frances. I cannot see how she will be benefited by going everything being so very high at that place, but of course she knows best what to do. as for you, I would give much if you were now at your Uncles, I think it is the best place for you and the children do you know what county he resides in. as I told you before you must exercise you own judgement in regard to this matter. you spoke of consulting Mr Bain, no doubt his advice would be good I would write to your Ma to day but as there is some doubt of her being in P. when this reaches you I thought it best to defer it. give my love to her and tell her I am truly thankful to her for her kindness to you, and the children, and will always remember her for it. tell her I am sorry it has been out of my power to aid her, as I have been unable to render any assistance since our money has become worthless with you all. but trust I shall yet be able to help her, if she goes to Richmond, she can tell your Pa you never received that money from Mr Turner. I had answered Aunt Mary’s letter give my love to all home. ask Mollie if she would like to see Charlie, my love to Ma and all the Owens family Shells also remember me to Mr Bain and family, my love to the children, do not speak of exchange God knows when we will get away from here, good bye and God bless you my own dear wife, Henry

Capt H.A. Allen 9th Va Regt

No comments:

Post a Comment