Monday, November 29, 2010

December 2nd 1863

Johnsons Island Sandusky Ohio

Dec 2d 1863

Dear Sarah,

Knowing you would like to hear how I am getting on I thought it best to pen you a few lines. I am since doing very well and trust I shall soon be well once more, I have still a slight pain in my shoulder but it seems to be wearing off and I hope by the time I hear from you again it will be entirely disappeared, in my lst I spoke of you sending me some clothes I have heard lately that they intended stopping all boxes of clothing untill farther orders from the department it may be a rumor but if you can send the box do not let that stop you as I will run the risk of getting it. but if you should intend sending the pictures send them through the Post Office and not in the box as I would rather have the box than the pictures how is Lucy well I hope give my best love to all home and to all who may inquire of me we have had cold weather with us lately, your affectionate husband Henry A Allen

(Kiss Ida & Lucy)

No comments:

Post a Comment