Saturday, November 27, 2010

October 23 1863

Johnsons Island Sandusky Ohio

Oct 23d 1863

Dear Sarah,

Yours of the 17th I have just received one month to day since you wrote your last. I have been very uneasy since I received Aunt Mary’s letter in which she stated you had been quite sick, but I trust as this reaches you, you will be entirely recovered. I am at this time quite sick suffering with sore throat, high fever, and head ache, and that is something I have never been troubled with before. last night was a miserable one with me and I could not rest. I have been a little better to day. I suppose Mary Eliza will go to Richmond. I have received two letters from your Pa I answered them and told him not to trouble himself farther in regard to the money, I have written to Mr Dongan you will continue to send me money you must not do it because I know you have none to spare therefore so not send me any more as I can make out very well. I suppose you will remain with your Ma. I do wish you were with your Uncle, do you know what county he lives in. I have written to Shell & Gus Bilisoly some time ago but have received no answer. I must now close give my love to your Ma and all at home kiss my little girls and tell them I would like much to see them remember me to all my friends hoping soon to hear from you I remain your affectionate husband Henry A Allen

there was seventy five in the letter instead of fifty as you stated

No comments:

Post a Comment