Saturday, November 27, 2010

October 14 1863

Johnsons Island Sandusky Ohio

Oct 14th 1863

Dear Sarah,

Your last received was dated Spt 23d and I could not imagine why it was that I have not heard from you since, but yesterday I received a letter from Aunt Mary, and she stated you were sick and had been confined to your bed but was the time she wrote much better, I was indeed sorry to hear of your sickness, but trust as this reaches you that you will be quite well again, she stated in her letter that you were sorry that I had intimated when writing to others, that you had an idea of going to your Uncles without I could send you the means as you had not, and your Ma expected you to go if you should go by flag of truce to Richmond I did not suppose it would be but a trifle and I thought you had Confederate funds on hand or would get it from your Pa. you must know I am unable to assist you at this time. I received a letter from you Pa yesterday, and he says he has advised you what course to pursue. ___ Corker has received the box but nothing for me I was disappointed much but after hearing of your sickness expected that was the cause I repeat again if you have not the means do not send anything to me if the pictures are not taken let it alone I have been sick but I am now well again I remain you affectionate Husband Henry A. Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment