Friday, November 26, 2010

September 16 1863

Johnsons Island Sandusky Ohio

Sept 16th 1863

Dear Sarah

Yours of the 12th I received this morning is was quite unexpected as I did not look for your letter for some days in your last you wished of me to give you my advice whither you should leave with your Ma or not. I must tell you the same now if your Ma should make up her mind to leave you had better go with her and you can then consult your Pa on the subject. you will not be able to remain in Richmond, I do not think, you could get your Pa to go with you to your Uncle John’s, and I will pay his expenses. if you should have to leave I would like for you to be with him and you could get along very well. I do not see how you could remain in Portsmouth if your Ma leaves, but you must exercise your best judgement also in regard to the matter I have written to your Pa three times but have never received an answer. I shall write to him again to day I think, I am glad to hear the children are improving. Ma has not written to me neither has Bowers Shell has written. I cannot see how your Ma & Frances will manage in Richmond, there is no telling when I will be exchanged, give my love to Ida kiss them both for me my love to Aunt Mary, and all, from your Affectionate Husband

Capt Henry A Allen

9th Va Rgt

if it is not convenient do not have Ida’s picture taken I would like much to have all

No comments:

Post a Comment