Tuesday, January 3, 2012

August 10 1864

Fort Delaware August 10th 64

Dear Dear Sarah

I received your kind letter of the 5th last evening and it makes me glad to know my dear wife and little ones are enjoying the blessing of health. I sincerely trust it may continue. I am quite well and have been for some time back. The ten stamps came to hand and were much welcomed as I did not have any and no chance to get them thank you kindly. I will not need as many now as we cannot write to any but our nearest relatives wife, children, Parents, Brother or Sister so you must tell those I have been corresponding with how it is. Tell Mollie she might have written a few lines to me after receiving mine, as I would have been pleased to receive a letter from her, Dear Sarah try and arrange it with some of my friends so as to send me something I do not care what it is. If you should see Gus tell him to send me a little Sugar & Coffee. You must go see my Aunt Mary and all my relatives & friends and tell them I can write no more, and I am very sorry for it indeed. I wrote a letter to Bowers last week find out if he got it if not tell him I have written to him. When he gets it he will hardly forget it he may let you see it. Kiss my dear children for me my love to your Ma and all home and accept a large portion from your affectionate husband

H A Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment