Tuesday, January 3, 2012

August 4 1864

Fort Delaware August 4th/64

Dear Sarah

I received your kind letter last evening dated 1st in which you say mine of the 22nd July had come to hand. I have written twice since that time which no doubt have arrived ere this. I received one from Mary G. yesterday she sends her love to you. You spoke in your letter of a Mr Bloggs or is it Boggs who married a lady from (Shentown ?) if so a poor stick I reckon. I am sorry to learn that Mary is sick you must go to see her often I always liked Mary but shall love her as a sister here after. I feel very grateful for her kindness to you and myself. Is Emma still in town I cannot blame Mollie & Mely. She is the last I would have expected it of. ___ Shannon has received letters from home since I wrote you. I mentioned in my last letters to you that you must tell some of my friends to send me some stamps as I am out and they are scarce at this place no news with us I am enjoying fine health at this time. None of my Portsmouth friends answer my letters regularly. George A I have not heard from for some time nor Gus. Give my love to Aunt Mary how is she getting tell her I would like much to see her. My love to Mary and all relatives & friends kiss my little ones for me and accept the best love of your Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment